Trending in Hair: Would you sport a faux fringe like Rooney Mara?
And that’s why I love her. She keeps things interesting. It’s as if she carry’s a little pouch around and sprinkles the “spice of life”.
As I’ve shown pictured above, she’s at it again, this time with a faux, rather foxy, fringe. And it’s not for the meek-of-heart, what with all its blunt lines and slicked back coolness.
This particular up-do is easy to recreate though, and offers an interesting ‘future glam’ vibe. It’s also a flattering option for those who believe (but are probably just paranoid!) that they have a large forehead.
What you need:
- A trusty brush – just as essential in life as a BFF.
- A fine toothed comb.
- A couple of bobby pins in the same colour as your hair.
- A fresh elastic with plenty of stretch.
- Some hair spray to secure.
How to achieve:
- Brush all your locks so they are uniform and spritz with a leave–in conditioner or hair oil. I‘m loving Precious Versatile Caring Oil by Pureology. It gives off the most amazing shine, smells like forest nuts, and it cares for your strands while you sport your hair in any fashion.
- Since hair is now all brushed and smoothed out, take your fine toothed come and section an inverted triangle (with the point of the triangle facing the back of the head). Take hold of this section and keep it separate to the front of your face.
- With your hands, grab the rest of your hair (not the sectioned triangle) and brush to the back of your crown making sure to eliminate any bumps, secure with your elastic.
- Now that you have a ponytail, twirl into a neat bun and secure the ends, tucking them away, with bobby pins. Alternatively you could use another elastic, but make sure it‘s consealed.
- With the section you have left to the front, brush it forward, and try manipulate it into twirling, with synchronisationto the left, scooping across your forehead. Once it‘s happy to sit in the large, twirled “U” shape, take a bobby pin and secure the ends of this piece in a hidden crevasse of your bun.
- Spritz with hairspray, something like Toni & Guy’s Glamour Hold Hairspray is great.
Is this a do’ you’ll be trying at home?