Get Jaimie Alexander’s grey eyeshadow and rosy lips seen at the ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ LA Premiere
Newly engaged actress Jaimie Alexander (she snagged Twilight actor Peter Facinelli) arrived at the ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ LA Premiere last week wearing the most stunning grey eyeshadow on her eyelids that I couldn’t not post about it.
The stormy shade contrasted gorgeously with her green eyes and fair luminous skin and was the perfect compliment to her glossy short shag of raven hair.
If you love this look just as much as me – believe me, it’s perrrfect for our winter, follow my easy makeup step-by-step below.
What you’ll need:
*Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup, $56
*Bourjois Blush in Pom Pom Rose, $20
*MAC Cream Colour Base in Shell, $36
*Covergirl Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Eyeshadow in Pure Romance, $13.95
*Ardell Natural Fashion Eyelashes, $9.95
*Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion, $30
*Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Colour in Edith, $52
1. With clean, primed skin, take Urban Decay’s Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup. I was recently given this foundation to trial and I absolutely love it. It’s so weightless and fluid-like that a tiny amount is able to glide over the skin and disguise any blemishes or pigmentation. I like how it’s able to mimic the true texture of skin, so it doesn’t look like you’re sporting caked-on foundation.
If you have fair skin like Jaimie (and me!), stick with one of the fair porcelain shades and embrace how luminous your skin will look.
2. Jaimie is wearing a really pretty peachy-pink shade on the apples of her cheeks that is slightly light-reflecting. Get the exact same hue with Bourjois’s Blush in Pom Pom Rose. Take a blush brush and swirl the pigment onto the apples of your cheeks.
3. To really drive home Jaimie’s luminous skin, take MAC’s Cream Colour Base in Shell. This creamy illuminating sphere works best when two fingers are rubbed onto the surface of the compact and then patted onto the planes of the face that naturally are hit with light (i.e – cheekbones, temples, eyebrow bones, cupids bow). A little goes a long way so build lightly.
4. Now that your skin is flawless and glowing like an archangel, it’s time to recreate Jaimie’s stunning grey wash of eye shadow on her eyelids. I like Covergirl’s uber affordable Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Eyeshadow in Pure Romance. Containing a true grey tone, two variations of mauve and a clean white, these pigments are all you need to copy Jaimie’s look.
Start by covering the entire eyelid in the lightest mauve shade (second from the right). Once buffed in, take the darker mauve and apply it only to the eyelid under the crease. Next, taking the darkest grey from the quad, apply it to the outer V of the eyelid and blend it into the mauve so it appears seamless. With the white shade add it to the inner corners of the eyes and just under the arch of your eyebrows making sure to blend, blend, blend!
5. Jaimie’s eyelashes are so curvy and long in this picture, meaning she’s either sporting eyelash extensions or is wearing falsies for the night. I like Ardell’s Natural Fashion Eyelashes in ‘109’. They mimic the shape of natural eyelashes and are sparse enough to not look obviously fake.
6. Now that your eyelashes are glued on, hide any remnants of eyelash glue by creating a neat black line across your upper eyelid with Urban Decay’s 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion. Make sure not to overly exaggerate a flick at the end as Jaimie isn’t sporting one.
7. Run a little grey eyeshadow under your lower eyelashes, line your waterline with your black eyeliner and coat your lower eyelashes in a little black mascara and your eye makeup look is done.
8. Finishing up the look is a swipe of Chanel’s Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Colour in Edith. I picked this shade as the lippy Jaimie is wearing is quite sheer with reflecting pigments. It looks to also be a true colour match in a pretty english rose shade that looks great against fair skin.
That’s it girls! Are you a fan of Jaimie Alexander? Is this one of your favourite looks from the newly engaged actress? How often do you wear a smokey grey shade on your eyelids?