Swatch Out! Bold & Beautiful Lip Colours
I love a bold lip. For me, it’s right up there with voluminous hair, neat square nails, thick eyelashes and rosy cheeks.
This statement is also coming from a girl who’s currently click-clacking away at a keyboard sporting a neon pink pout!
Bright lip lacquer has the ability to add that necessary focal point on your face (especially if you’re playing down your eyes, or opting for a sleek and serious hairstyle), it can also warm up a miserable winters day and most importantly, it’s fun! Experimenting with the latest and greatest colours (even the ones that make even me feel a little nervous at first sight (like Max Factors Colour Elixir in Intense Plum shown above) end up getting plenty of compliments. People love to see a girl who is confident enough to take a risk. This risk just so happens to be stylish as well!
Here are my thoughts on the above lipsticks. Hopefully my comments will help you decide which, of the above, should be added to your ever growing makeup collection!
From top to bottom:
1. Max Factor Colour Elixir Intense Plum ($9.95): If you’re after a goth-chic look, search no further! This creamy lip colour comes in an easy to apply crayon. Simply stencil the outer rim of your lips, then fill them in. Fun fact: If you’re after a contouring shade for your cheeks, dab this pigment into the hollows of the apples of your cheeks, then blend until you reach a natural hue. This colour creates stunning shadows.
2. Sax Rich Lip Colour in Berry Delight ($14.95): Creamy and glossy! This berry toned hue looks as though you’ve been gobbling up cherries and raspberries all afternoon long. Use this lipstick as either a stain by layering then blotting off excess gloss, or apply a generous amount and show off super shiny lips.
3. Illamasqua in Obey ($25): If anyone asked me for a matte lipstick in a fun ‘of the moment’ hue I’d suggest Illamaqua’s Obey. This thick and creamy formulation generic viagra fast shipping will make your lips the highlight of your face. Although the colour is quite fair, once applied and juxtaposed against your natural skin colouring it takes on an almost candlelit, neon glow!
4. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in Lovesick ($17.95): I love lipstick crayons! For two reasons really. 1) I’m a sucker for good packaging, and 2) They are super easy to apply and mostly create buildable colour. Revlon’s variation is no different. Out of the Kissable range Lovesick is my favourite. It’s a gorgeous peony pink colour and when dabbed on the lips, cheeks and even eyelids, it has the abilty to create an ethereal finish.
5. Innoxa Tangerine ($14.95): Nothing says ‘statement lip’ like a pop of orange. I know, I know – not everyone can pull this colour off. Especially those with orange undertone in their skin. For instance, Miranda from Sex and the City would look washed out. What I love about this particular lipstick by Innoxa is that it’s infused with jojoba oil – so unlike other matte lipsticks that can dry out your smooches, this lipstick range nourishes.
6. Australis Trendy ($12.95): I’ve spoken about Australis Long-Wear Lipstick a lot lately. This comes down to the fact that they’re so affordable, they come in fun and unique colours, and they are long-wear. This makes them the perfect nine-to-five week day handbag staple. This particular hue looks like a barbie doll pink – so expect others to notice it!
7. Lush Passionate Feel Strongly ($24.9): Super glossy and pigmented, this liquid lipstick is a true fushia tone. If you haven’t worn a liquid lipstick before, you apply it like a lip gloss but it sets like a lipstick and isn’t as sticky. I’ve found that this formulation blends like a dream. But watch out! Once it dries it’s super duper long-wear. In fact, you may even need Lush’s popcorn lip scrub to remove any excess colour from the creases in your lips.
Which colour is your favourite beauties?