The Reason Why All Models Start Their Morning Off With A Warm Lemon Water
If you’re anything like me, your favourite health and beauty columns are the ones that highlight what models and celebrities eat on a daily basis. I guess we all hope we’ll read a new ‘health trick’ to give a go.
Sometimes you’ll get lucky and learn something new, other times you will just ponder why they all start their day with a mug of warm lemon water.
I know you’re smiling right now because I’m right!
If you’re scratching your head wondering why, I’ve found 7 reasons why it’s so beneficial and worth the strong acidic taste in the wee hours of the morning (believe me – you get used to it after a while!). One of those reasons being your skin will look impeccable by December!
7 Reasons You Should Start Drinking Warm Lemon Water
1. Fantastic for your immune system
Lemons are full of vitamin C which help you combat seasonal colds and flus. They also have potassium which stimulates the brain, nerves and stabilises blood pressure.
2. Helps to balances your pH levels
Lemons are highly alkaline as they contain natural acids. These acids stabilise your body’s PH levels, crucial for optimal health.
3. Can help shift weight
Lemons contain pectin fiber which helps to reduce spasms caused by hunger meaning less chance of the munchies or naughty food choices.
4. Aids in digestion
Warm water stimulates gastro-intestinal tract and peristalsis – waves caused by muscle contractions in the intestinal walls that allow digestion to take place. Lemons have high amounts of minerals and vitamins that will then release toxins from the digestive tract.
5. It’s a gentle natural diuretic
Lemon juice helps in the excretion of toxins, beneficial for your urinary tract health. Expect to be running to the bathroom a lot during your first few days of consumption.
6. It has anti-ageing effects on the skin
Vitamin C helps reduce wrinkles and pigmentation on the skin.
7. Hydrates the lymphatic system
Once you start the day with hydration you normally prevent dehydration.
Tips before you start drinking warm lemon water in the morning
- Pre slice your lemon and seal it in a Tupperware container in your fridge for the rest of the week. This will take the chore out of your morning ‘warm lemon water time’.
- To remind yourself to do this each morning, place a post-it note on the first thing you would normally reach for in the morning, whether that be your toaster, Nespresso machine or even your box of cereal!
- Always finish your mug of lemon water before actually eating or drinking anything else so that it works effectively.
Do you drink warm lemon water in the morning? Are you thinking of giving it a go for glowy skin?