Elle Fanning, and the kind of pink-eye you’d want to catch…
Before you grimace at the pure thought of pink-eye (I’m talking of the medical condition that was made famous after being exposed in the hilarious rom-com Knocked Up), I’m speaking of the beautiful new makeup trend that’s spreading, well… as quickly as the above med-condish, on red carpets, at A-list Events, and soon I’m predicting street side-walks.
Look at the whimsical and super-happy Elle Fanning. Even If you weren’t a fan of the petite blond actress before, I’m sure her slick coloured eyeliner will have you pretty smitten.
Why I love this look:
- She’s kept all her other features minimal. This includes skin, which is left milky white, brows which have been groomed with a spoolie bar a little gel to keep them in place, and just a smidgen of pearly clear lip balm for hydration.
- The hero beauty products that have captured my attention however, are firstly the delicate pink eye shadow that has lined her upper lash-line, and the faintest amount of jet black mascara that has given her lashes a quick once over.
I particularly like this look on blondes. I think that’s because Elle looks like a Nordic princess, she’s so fair, including her hair, ,so the bright pop of pink, and black lashes, really stand out.
To achieve this eye catching look I’d use the following:
- After you have perfected your base, start by priming your eyelids with Two Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer. For those who haven’t used an eye shadow primer before, it’s a beauty game changer. No more eye shadow fall-out (pigment that tends to fall and sit looking a little messy around the lower lash line).
- Applying a fine line of pop pink shadow straight to the lid won’t make the cut this time girlies. It’s all in the prep work. Take a Max Factor Smoky Eye Effect double-ended eye shadow crayon. They do come in a whole plethora of colours, but a great investment piece to any beauty kit is this neutral toned option. Now, with a clean angled brush (I like Napoleon Perdis Angled Eye / Brow Liner Brush), take enough pigment of the nude hue to draw across from the inner corner of your eye, at the top of your lash line, to wing-out to the opposite end. This will act as a glue to hold the pigment that you’re about to apply.
- Now with another clean angled brush (This is why I rave about having a few of these trusty brushes in your kit, they really do come in handy when you need a few to use all at once) tap brush into your pigment pot. I love M.A.C’s Miss Piggy shade. It’s a matte hue that has plenty of ‘pop factor’. Tap off any excess powder, and then pat on top of your nude liner.
- Be gentle, if you need more you can keep dabbing on top, so slowly but surely is the best policy here.
- Once you have achieved a clean looking line that’s bursting with colour, finish with one slick of Clinique’s High Impact Mascara, starting firstly at the roots, and then carefully scoop upwards to create a temperate curve leaving you with seamless lashes.
Stunning Miss Elle must have received mass critical acclaim in the beauty stakes, because low and behold, a short time after she stepped out again with another look, quiet similar, but a little bolder, and with flushed/blushed cheeks.
The above steps can be repeated again, but instead switch your pretty pink eye shadow for an icy blue variation. I love Shisedo’s Shimmering Cream Eye Colour in Ice.
To recreate her healthy glow, simply use Benefit’s Posie Tint, and dab on the apples of the cheeks and onto your lips for a full youthful look.
And that’s it guys! Two amazing beauty looks thanks to the daring, ultra-cutie, Elle Fanning. She may be young, but she sure has a few beauty tricks up her sleeve that we can defiantly jot down and save for those days when we want to put our best, and brightest, face forward.
What are your thoughts?