Mad Max Fury Road star Courtney Eaton is the new face of Bonds Sport. Here’s how she got fit fast + the recipe to her favourite salad!
She’s the mega babe who made her debut appearance playing one of the Sister Wives in Mad Max Fury Road, now Aussie model Courtney Eaton has been named the face of Bonds Sport A/W16 collection – obviously because of her exotic looks and killer core.
Following in the footsteps of other Aussie girls Miranda Kerr and Iggy Azalea, Courtney puts her fantastic fitness down to her love of exercise and vegetarian diet.
‘Fitness plays a huge role in my life, I’ll do pilates or ballet barre every couple of days, or if I can’t get there I have some tapes I’ll do from home.’
Being a vegetarian her speciality dish is ‘a quinoa and chickpea salad with tahini dressing – I always eat too much of it!’.
If you would like to give Courtney’s favourite salad a try at home, follow this simple recipe:
Quinoa And Chickpea Salad With Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 cup of drained chickpeas
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place your chickpeas in a saucepan and cover with several inches of water. In a seperate saucepan, cover your quinoa with 1 cup of water. Set both aside to soak overnight.
- The following day, pour the soaking water off your chickpeas, and re-fill with fresh water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and allow to simmer until the chickpeas are tender, this should take an hour. Once done, drain any excess water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring your quinoa to a boil over high heat in its existing soaking water. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until tender, leave for about 10 minutes then set aside.
- Combine the drained chickpeas and quinoa in a mixing bowl with freshly chopped parsley.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the shallot, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, and olive oil. Season with sea salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the chickpea and quinoa mixture, and stir gently (don’t mash the chickpeas or quinoa) before serving.
That’s it people! Are you a fan of Courtney? Will you be trying this salad? Let me know below!