Recipe: Khloe Kardashian’s Famous Chinese Chicken Salad – The Healthy Lunch That Helped Her Slim Down
If you follow the Kardashians closely you’d know that Khloe is looking particularly slim at the moment.
She’s dropped a noticeable amount of weight over 2015 (so noticeable that the whole world has been talking about it non-stop) resulting in her looking super slim and toned. Thankfully she’s kept her trademark curves though!
This month the blonde and most outspoken Kardashian sister released her new book Strong Looks Better Naked where she reveals how she’s transformed her body and mind all at once.
Shop it: Strong Looks Better Naked by Khloe Kardashian, $39.99
Keep in mind, she’s just gone through a heartbreaking divorce from the LOHL (love of her life) Lamar Odom – so this is a pretty impressive feat when most of us would probably head straight for a packet of Tim Tams!
Aside from hitting the gym daily at 6am (that’s dedication), Khloe has switched her normally salty and carb-loaded meals for a more light and healthy diet of protein, vegetables, fruit and lots of water.
Her everyday lunch is also healthy, but also sounds quiet delicious and something I’d actually enjoy eating! She credits a Chinese chicken salad for curbing your cravings during the middle of the day and keeping her on the right track.
If you’d like to give this famous chicken salad a go at home (it’s also great to pack in a container and take to work) here is the super easy A-list recipe.
Khloe Kardashian’s Famous Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 cups of shredded cos lettuce
- 1/2 cup of shredded cabbage
- 1 spring onions finely chopped
- 1/2 large carrot shredded
- 1/2 handful of coriander chopped
- 1/4 cubed avocado
- 1 cups of shredded chicken
- 10 peanuts roughly chopped to garnish
Light sesame ginger dressing:
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 2cm of fresh ginger, peeled and grated finely
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients tossing through;
- In a small bowl, combine all of the salad dressing ingredients and whisk through;
- Toss the salad with the dressing or leave the dressing to the side;
- sprinkle with crushed peanuts on top.
Voila! This is it! Let me know below if you make this at home and if you enjoyed it!